Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Does Silicone Last Longer Than Saline

[Canceled] The Geography of Time by Félix J. Palma

Hello everybody!

As I have told you the other day, I was in the library and have brought with me among other The map of time of Félix J. Palma . The content has addressed me totally and I was really interested. I almost bought the book too. Fortunately
not!
I've read about 130 pages and can say that the novel is not for me.
The writing style in itself is fine, but (unfortunately) extremely sprawling and It runs thus somewhat. The story is not true by the excesses in the aisles. Or is the protagonist Andrew, who is so depressed that it is communicated to the reader? I do not know, because the passage gets to know his love was in the Andrew, that is managed well.
course I have my decision to cancel the book, not made easy. But I'll have to give on Friday (loan) and I honestly do not want to wade through some 600 more pages this kind effusions. Good fight, maybe a little hard. I'm sure if the book would be written faster and reduced, it would please me better. But so ... No.
Maybe, just maybe, is The map of time also a book that you can only read bits and pieces and it must be pretty spread (in time)? Who knows? Worse than
September blood of Rebecca Pax it was not by far. By I am also only fought because it was a recurrence rate copy ...


Here still some details to The map of time of Félix J. Palma :

Content:
London, 1896: Andrew, a wealthy factory owner's son, travels into the past to his reclaim love. The young Claire makes a journey from Victorian London to the year 2000 and meets the man she grew to love in the future, again in their time. Inspector Garrett a murderer who kills his victims with weapons that were not yet invented. All the threads come together in a demonic librarian. Only he knows the secret of the map of time. A celebration of imagination in which the reader encounters Jack the Ripper and HG Wells, the inventor of the time machine that meets in a completely unexpected role.
[Source: rowohlt.de]

>> Sample \u0026lt;\u0026lt;

More information:
Kindler bound with dust jacket
Pages:: Official Site

Publisher
720 Original title: El mapa del tiempo
ISBN: 978-3-463-40577-3
Price: [D] 24,95 €

0 comments:

Post a Comment